- Address: 378 Debec Road
- City: Debec
- Zip / Postal Code: E7N 3B4
- Province / State: New Brunswick
- Country: Canada
- Phone Number: (506) 277-1104
- Website: http://www.carletonanimalshelter.com
- Listed: August 12, 2013 9:39 pm
The Carleton County Animal Shelter was founded in 1995. Since then it has housed and re-homed hundreds of dogs and cats from all over western New Brunswick.
CCAS is a no-kill shelter, meaning that animals will not be euthanized simply because of a lack of space. Euthanasia is reserved as a last resort, and is performed only when our veterinary care providers deem it necessary to prevent suffering.
Currently CCAS has the capacity to house 52 cats and 6 dogs. Because the demands of the community far exceed those numbers we have had to focus on other methods of helping stray animals outside of the shelter as much as possible. By networking with other shelters in the province, supplying pet food where needed and assisting in spay and neuter expenses we are trying to give as many ownerless pets as possible a chance at survival until a permanent home can be found for each and every one.
Keeping the shelter open is no easy task. The expense alone is mind-boggling, at $100,000 each and every year. It takes a team of individuals who are willing to work with the animals, raise funds and help try to educate the public on the plight of stray animals in our community. We need all of the help we can get, and we welcome anyone who would like to lend a hand.
1367 total views, 3 today
Information about the listing poster
- Listed by: PetAdopt.ca Shelter Listings
- Member Since: July 26, 2013
Other items listed by PetAdopt.ca Shelter Listings
- Kitchener – Waterloo Humane Society
- Richmond Animal Protection Society
- Winnipeg Pet Rescue Shelter
- Etobicoke Humane Society
- Lincoln County Humane Society